Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

Should have planned this better!!


Haven't done any crafting for a bit cos I've been poorly. Felt a bit more with it today, so decided to make a card for Mrs A's Butterfly challenge. 

Before I could start, had to clear the crap crafty leftovers from my last project...or 3! (Di and Sarn, I know you're cringeing!!) started putting bits away but the bending to reach boxes caused pain, so I resorted to the tried & true method of piling it all up by the printer to create a crapalanche in waiting!!

I knew exactly which stamps I wanted to use, NBUS that I bought ages ago at a craft show, one of the Oliver's Orchard range from Buzzcraft. Stamped all the images on leftover bits of Neenah card & die cut with Spellbinders ovals, fussy cut the rest 

I had a piece of very loud plum coloured paper from my snippets box that I used as matting layers cut with SB Lacey ovals. Then the trouble started.....I merrily die cut the Lacey ovals without thinking through the rest of the card, and when I put the border on the card it looked lost against the background. So I decided to add a matching border, but the remains of the die cut snippet just weren't big enough. This is what I had left....


So, not long enough or deep enough for a layer behind my 8" border. Aargh!! So, I cut the 2 long straight edges as wide as I could & fixed them behind my border, then cut what was left of the 2 shorter straight edges & butted that up behind the border. Can you see the join???? :-)

So I'm linking this post to Mrs A's butterfly challenge, where the theme us summer butterflies, and to Pixies Snippets Playground, cos there's some creative snippety work gone into this one!

Thanks for stopping by

Debs x



7 comments:

  1. Iv'e looked most carefully for the joins and I can't see them ! You'd make a good toupee maker!! Love the circlet of little butterflies around the sentiment. Thankyou for fluttering by . Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We crafters are nothing if not crafty! Liking your card Honey and glad you are well enough to craft. Your card is very cute.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pleased you felt well enough to be creative today Debs.

    Sweet butterfly card!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Debs - and I certainly can't see the join! Enterprising eh? Gorgeous little image there too :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card Debs and so glad to hear your on the mend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see any joins anywhere! If we planned everything crafting wouldn't be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't see any join cuz my eye is drown to the beautiful cirle of butterflies circling the sentiment!
    Pretty image too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!