Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Farnborough Make it & Stickles Storage

Had a lovely day out in Friday with a few ladies from my craft class. We went to the Make It craft show at Farnborough. I bought lots of lovely crafty stash, but I am now going on a self-imposed buying ban! This is what I bought.......


Some fab stamps, paper, scrapbooking goodies & my bargain of the day - huge 23metre reels of ribbon at £1.20 each!!

And here's a pic of some of us having lunch & showing off our purchases (sorry to the people who I managed to not get in the pic!!)


So today I've been working on DT projects that I can't show yet, being good & doing housework, and having a bit of a craft room sort out.

I'm always looking for new ideas to maximise space & re-purpose boxes etc for storage. This idea came about because my Stickles are thrown in a box & I have to rummage for the right colour, plus they're not quite ready to use as they're not stored nozzle down.

I couldn't face spending £18-20 on a purpose made carousel, and it's not really practical as I need to be able to transport then to classes - so I took one of my many saved boxes, and a length of foam insulation we had in the garage..


I cut the foam into 1.5" lengths and fixed to base of box. Hey presto! Nozzle down storage for 18 Stickles at a cost of £0 :-)

 

This has turned into a very long post - sorry peeps! Off to cook the dinner now.

Happy crafting!

Debs x




4 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing crafty stash! And great idea for your storage!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren - now I need to stop buying new stuff and use the ton & a half that I have so I don't need to keep inventing new storage ideas LOL!!!

      Debs x

      Delete
  2. You sure know how to shop Debs!! Great idea with the Stickles storage. I need to get some more stickles to fill my tin back up.
    Like you I am on a self imposed craft buying ban as I am off to BSSBS with some Playground Peeps!! Coming??
    Thanks for all your visits recently.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a fun day! And your storage idea is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!