Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Xmas crackers and boxes & WOYWW 130

This is one of those 'before and after' posts, this pic is actually the 'after', but I wanted to show it first as it's 3 cute Xmas projects in their finished glory!

Then there's the next pic, which is the 'before and during...' pic of my desk................








So you can see the 3 projects scattered on the desk, and the template for the hexagon box on my cutting mat, and stacked under the Christmas Cracker are the papers for yet more crackers!

to the far right, just in the pic is my grotty old black craft knife.  This was 'donated' by my DH some years ago (he is a draughtsman and used to use this regularly) The knife has been shrink wrapped several times, which has made it non-slip grip and has many layers on the cap, so I can shove the blade into it without worrying about my fingers - perfect, but not pretty!  DH bought me a lovely pink and purple 'proper' craft knife once, but I reverted to his (now mine!!) within a few days - do you have any favourite craft tools/kit that you wouldn't be without?????

I only managed to visit a few crafters corners last week, and I'm pretty late adding my contribution to the blog hop today at Julia's, so will have to wait til tomorrow to check out the WOYWW entries, as I'm working tonight, but I;m looking forward to seeing what's out there in craft cyberspace!

Happy WOYWW

Debs x

8 comments:

  1. ooh lovely stuff Debs, you sure have got into the swing of it all! Are you making this at your class tonight as well? Love the story about his craft knife. I think mine is the cutter. I hate to use anything else if I don't have to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your boxes and crackers are so beautiful! I wanted to make crackers this year as they are so hard to find here but ran out of time.
    Funny how we can't let go of our faves! Mine is probably my piercer, tried a new one out but the hole size just wasn't right so I am still using my old, slightly wonky one!
    happy WOYWW! Debxx #92

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are fab - You are soooo clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Christmas items are gorgeous - I love the pale, frosty blues. Where did you get the box template from. My mate, who is Year 6 teacher, is always on the lookout for new ideas for Christmas crafts in school!
    Hugs, LLJ #39 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. N0 matter how pretty, tried and true always is the best. I understand about the knife!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there and thanks for the peek into your creative zone. It looks like there is loads going on so thanks for sharing these lovely projects. I Hope you have a brilliant week and have plenty of creative time!
    Neil #23

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Julia - these are the projects for next Weds class - needed to get a head start as I have DT deadline this weekend!

    @Jan - the template on my desk is from a Payper Box cd, but there are loads of freebie templates at Melstampz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debs these Christmas projects are soooo beautiful! You must be so pleased with the results, and I can just imagine everybody's faces when they see them. Absolutely gorgeous! Nice to see the work in progress too. Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #61

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so fire away!